The importance of brushing teeth properly can’t start early enough for kids. Although many parents don’t make it a priority at an early age, learning to care for primary teeth is as important as caring for permanent teeth. Learning early will ensure proper care lasts a lifetime!
Tips To Focus On:
- Using an infant toothbrush makes brushing for children an easy and painless task.
- Infant toothbrushes come in fun colors, shapes and designs, making tooth brushing a fun activity.
- Start brushing teeth as soon as the first tooth arrives
- Be sure to use a small dab of fluoride toothpaste, twice a day, to start the habit of good dental care.
- Brush your teeth together as a family, so kids can watch their parents and learn how its done.
- Have them brush for two minutes. Play a favorite song so they know when to stop.
- Ask your pediatric dentist when your child can start brushing their teeth on their own.
Just be sure to reinforce the need for regular dental care. Brushing thoroughly twice a day and flossing before bedtime will help ensure your child’s mouth is healthy and happy!
For more articles on dental health, see our main blog page.
About Our Office
You will find our office to be a pleasant and caring environment. We know a positive experience can set the tone for your child’s future dental health. That is why our office has been designed to be “kid friendly”. Even more importantly, our pediatric dentists and professional staff have dedicated their careers to helping children. We establish trust with your child by creating a safe and happy place for them. We provide the latest in dental technology, combined with genuine compassion and concern.
Open Monday through Saturday. We offer appointments as early as 7:30am.
The first checkup is recommended at the first birthday. Our patients generally stay with us until they graduate high school. We are proud to say we are now seeing the children of former patients, as the practice was established in 1973 by Dr. Robert Harmon.
We have 24 hour coverage for our patient’s dental emergencies. There is a pediatric dentist on call at all times. Should you need after hours advice or emergency care, simply dial our telephone number and our message will direct you.
Are we accepting new patients?
Yes, absolutely! We are happy to welcome new patients to our practice. Thank you for your referring your friends and family to us.
We Look Forward To Welcoming You And Your Child…