We usually make New Year’s resolutions that never makes it into the second week of January. This year, decide to set reasonable goal and do something easy and healthy at the same time. Decide that improving your dental health is going to be your New Year’s resolution and that you are going to stick to it.
If you havent already made a New Year’s resolution, why not make one that you can smile about? New Year’s resolutions can be as easy or as hard as you make them. Setting a goal of good dental health is easy and it can benefit your overall health too.
By following these simple tips, you can easily maintain good oral health all year long.
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day. Brushing your teeth properly removes plaque from the surface before it hardens into calculus.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste. Using a toothpaste with fluoride helps to prevent decay.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 to 6 months, depending upon which type of brush you use.
- Floss your teeth daily. Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from in between your teeth that a toothbrush cant reach.
- Use a mouth rinse. An antimicrobial mouth rinse can provide extra help in controlling plaque.
- Eat healthy meals and snacks. Good nutrition is an important aspect in maintaining good dental health.
- Visit your dentist for regular check ups. Routine dental cleanings and examinations are the best way to make sure that your teeth and gums stay healthy.
If you follow these simple tips, you can have a great smile as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you are sticking to your New Year’s resolution of maintaining good dental health!
source: about.com website
For more articles on dental health, see our main blog page.
We Look Forward To Welcoming You And Your Child…
You will find our office to be a pleasant and caring environment. We know a positive experience can set the tone for your child’s future dental health. That is why our office has been designed to be “kid friendly”. Even more importantly, our pediatric dentists and professional staff have dedicated their careers to helping children. We establish trust with your child by creating a safe and happy place for them to be. The latest in dental technology is combined with genuine compassion and concern.
We are open Monday through Saturday and offer appointments as early as 7:30am
The first checkup is recommended at the first birthday. Our patients generally stay with us until they graduate high school. We are proud to say we are now seeing the children of former patients, as the practice was established in 1973 by Dr. Robert Harmon.
We have 24 hour coverage for our patient’s dental emergencies. There is a pediatric dentist on call at all times. Should you need after hours advice or emergency care, simply dial our telephone number and our message will direct you.
Are we accepting new patients? Yes, absolutely! We are happy to welcome new patients to our practice and we appreciate your referring your friends and family to us.