Healthy Teeth New Year’s Resolution!
We usually make New Year’s resolutions that never makes it into the second week of January. This year, decide to set reasonable goal and do something easy and healthy at the same time. Decide that improving your dental health is going to be your New Year’s resolution and that you are going to stick to it.
If you havent already made a New Year’s resolution, why not make one that you can smile about? New Year’s resolutions can be as easy or as hard as you make them. Setting a goal of good dental health is easy and it can benefit your overall health too.
By following these simple tips, you can easily maintain good oral health all year long.
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day. Brushing your teeth properly removes plaque from the surface before it hardens into calculus.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste. Using a toothpaste with fluoride helps to prevent decay.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 to 6 months, depending upon which type of brush you use.
- Floss your teeth daily. Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from in between your teeth that a toothbrush cant reach.
- Use a mouth rinse. An antimicrobial mouth rinse can provide extra help in controlling plaque.
- Eat healthy meals and snacks. Good nutrition is an important aspect in maintaining good dental health.
- Visit your dentist for regular check ups. Routine dental cleanings and examinations are the best way to make sure that your teeth and gums stay healthy.
If you follow these simple tips, you can have a great smile as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you are sticking to your New Year’s resolution of maintaining good dental health!
source: about.com website