Fun Dental Facts!
- It takes 43 muscles to frown but only 17 to smile.
- A ‘smile’ is top of the list of things we first notice when meeting a new person.
- More than half of us wouldn’t tell a friend or colleague if they had bad breath in fear of risking a friendship.
- Our teeth and smiles are rated the second most important attractive feature by both men and women, only behind personality.
- More than half of us would share our toothbrush with somebody: 24% to our partner, 18% to our child, 7% to a friend and even 6% to a celebrity.
- One in five of us cannot remember when we last changed our toothbrush.
- A toothbrush is the number one thing we cannot do without when we go on holiday.
- If we only had five minutes to get ready in the morning, one in twenty would skip brushing our teeth.
- Yellow is the color that makes us smile the most, whereas purple makes us smile the least.
- Chocolate is the food that makes us smile the most, followed then by Sunday roast, a curry and a fry-up!
source: nationalsmilemonth.org website
For more articles on dental health, see our main blog page.
We Look Forward To Welcoming You And Your Child…
You will find our office to be a pleasant and caring environment. We know a positive experience can set the tone for your child’s future dental health. That is why our office has been designed to be “kid friendly”. Even more importantly, our pediatric dentists and professional staff have dedicated their careers to helping children. We establish trust with your child by creating a safe and happy place for them to be. The latest in dental technology is combined with genuine compassion and concern.
We are open Monday through Saturday and offer appointments as early as 7:30am
The first checkup is recommended at the first birthday. Our patients generally stay with us until they graduate high school. We are proud to say we are now seeing the children of former patients, as the practice was established in 1973 by Dr. Robert Harmon.
We have 24 hour coverage for our patient’s dental emergencies. There is a pediatric dentist on call at all times. Should you need after hours advice or emergency care, simply dial our telephone number and our message will direct you.
Are we accepting new patients? Yes, absolutely! We are happy to welcome new patients to our practice and we appreciate your referring your friends and family to us.