Fun Dental Facts!
- It takes 43 muscles to frown but only 17 to smile.
- A ‘smile’ is top of the list of things we first notice when meeting a new person.
- More than half of us wouldn’t tell a friend or colleague if they had bad breath in fear of risking a friendship.
- Our teeth and smiles are rated the second most important attractive feature by both men and women, only behind personality.
- More than half of us would share our toothbrush with somebody: 24% to our partner, 18% to our child, 7% to a friend and even 6% to a celebrity.
- One in five of us cannot remember when we last changed our toothbrush.
- A toothbrush is the number one thing we cannot do without when we go on holiday.
- If we only had five minutes to get ready in the morning, one in twenty would skip brushing our teeth.
- Yellow is the color that makes us smile the most, whereas purple makes us smile the least.
- Chocolate is the food that makes us smile the most, followed then by Sunday roast, a curry and a fry-up!
source: nationalsmilemonth.org website