Keeping your child’s mouth healthy is an important part of being a parent or caregiver. Even if you’re a new parent or a seasoned caregiver, these simple tips will help your child’s mouth stay happy and healthy!
Easy Dental Tips
- The earlier you start their dental care regime, the earlier they will learn the importance of caring for their mouths themselves.
- Talking with and teaching your child about dental hygiene is an important component in a healthy lifelong habit.
- Letting your child pick out a ‘special’ toothbrush can make tooth brushing that much more fun!
- Using music during the brushing routine is a great way to make sure they brush long enough.
- Brushing teeth together can be not only fun, but a good learning experience.
- Flossing is easy and an important part of their routine.
- Use a toothpaste with fluoride.
- Limiting sugary snacks and drinks or supplementing them with vegetables and water helps to reduce excess sugar and acids in the mouth.
The Importance of Good Oral Health
Teaching children at a young age the importance of good oral health will help to set them up for a lifetime of healthy habits and good oral hygiene. Being patient and showing them the “Do’s and Don’ts” of oral health care can be a source of pride for them when they are able to care for their mouths themselves and when they get great progress reports at the dentist! Make tooth brushing time a fun time for the whole family and something they can look forward to. And remember, a healthy balanced diet will help keep them and their mouths happy for a long time!
For more articles on dental health, see our main blog page.