We all know our teeth are important for eating, talking, and smiling, but most often we overlook how cool teeth can be. Read these ten fun facts to learn how special your teeth are!
- According to the American Academy of Periodontology, 50% of respondents surveyed said that a smile is the first feature they notice about another person.
- U.S. consumers buy 14 million gallons of toothpaste each year!
- Most adults have 32 teeth. Though miniscule in size comparison, mosquitos have about 47 teeth, and snails have about 25 teeth . . . on their tongues.
- Your tooth enamel is the hardest part of your entire body.
- Teeth start to form even before birth. Milk teeth, or baby teeth, start to form when a baby is in the womb, but teeth don’t begin to show until a child is between six and twelve months old.
- Humans have two sets of teeth during their lifetime, while sharks have around 40 sets of teeth.
- Your mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva throughout your life. That’s enough to fill two swimming pools! Saliva protects your teeth from bacteria in your mouth.
- The average person spends 38 days brushing their teeth during their lifetime.
- One third of your teeth are underneath your gums.
- Modern toothpaste has only been available for the past hundred years. Before this invention, humans used charcoal or ground chalk, ashes, lemon juice, and honey-tobacco mixtures to clean their teeth!
list source: 123dentist.com website
For more articles on dental health, see our main blog page.
We Look Forward To Welcoming You And Your Child…
You will find our office to be a pleasant and caring environment. We know a positive experience can set the tone for your child’s future dental health. That is why our office has been designed to be “kid friendly”. Even more importantly, our pediatric dentists and professional staff have dedicated their careers to helping children. We establish trust with your child by creating a safe and happy place for them to be. The latest in dental technology is combined with genuine compassion and concern.
We are open Monday through Saturday and offer appointments as early as 7:30am
The first checkup is recommended at the first birthday. Our patients generally stay with us until they graduate high school. We are proud to say we are now seeing the children of former patients, as the practice was established in 1973 by Dr. Robert Harmon.
We have 24 hour coverage for our patient’s dental emergencies. There is a pediatric dentist on call at all times. Should you need after hours advice or emergency care, simply dial our telephone number and our message will direct you.
Are we accepting new patients? Yes, absolutely! We are happy to welcome new patients to our practice and we appreciate your referring your friends and family to us.